Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trader Joe's Rediscovered

When I lived with my parents in the summer of '95, I ventured out to Trader Joe's once or twice in Westfield, NJ. I remember liking it a lot. I don't know why 13 years passed since I entered a store. Mostly NYC I suppose. But boy I feel stupid. There was a Trader Joe's in Union Square in NYC (although my friend told me the crowds were stupendous so that kept me away). There is one near my workplace in Menlo Park. There is one in San Carlos, near where I live, probably the closest major supermarket. And I've been here over 2 months. Yet I've been ignoring them, acting like they don't exist, are not convenient, cheap and fine. Since I've been to 2 different stores 4 times in the past week, those days are over.

This blog is going to be a lot about food and transport, namely transporting food home via bike. I guess that's my life. Got to maintain it. Love would be nice but food is required. Here is my haul from San Carlos Joe's on Monday, as transported and as unfurled. (I know... I drink too much.)

1 comment:

Dan O said...

Don't forget to pick up the Macadamia-Cashew Butter. Or the evil Honey Sesame Cashew. In non cashew-related news, there are the not-so-healthy Chocolate-covered chocolate chip Dunkers. And you can't beat TJs for excellent prices on the Morning star veggie Sausage.