Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Food Shopping

All I really needed was beer and Lucky had a 12-pack of Sierra Nevada for $11.99 so they got me in. I like Sierra Nevada. Coming from the East, it may be more alluring. Out here, it seems more abundant. I wonder if locals look down on it. But the trip was easy of course. I went after dinner so the streets were pretty empty. The store is about 2.5 miles away. The Safeway is the same distance. I have a nice market near me, Emerald Market, so I mostly go there. They have nice produce at good prices, and fresh bread and things like that. But if you need bulk type groceries, you can save good money at the major markets.


Not that my diet matters, but this is the first time I've bought a jar of mayonnaise in well over 10 years. But lunch has become an issue so I think I am going to make batches of macaroni and potato salad. I also rarely buy the Progresso Soups but they were $1 and I had space. I buy potatoes a lot but this is the first time I ever bought the Yukon Gold. But the beer, bread, bananas, peppers, onions (I got a couple of red onions but unfortunately they did not get in the photo): those are staples. Anyway, this is an easy trip. You can see from the photos that I have a lot of space in my back pack and the produce transported well. I like how I am very reflective on the bike. Now I need to be more reflective off it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mayo is the food of the gods! It's derived from Maya as in what the Mayan gods eat!

Chrisco said...

Bring on the god food, or was that dog food? This is not your mother's mayo, but modern mayo.
(Not bad) Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs & Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Lemon Juice, Natural Flavors, Calcium Disodium Edta