Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bike to Work day

Every day is bike to work day. And it is easy, although the seasonal rains have yet to begin. My commute is about 5.5 miles and easy, relaxing. I use a commuter bike with fenders, etc. with my regular business casual pants. It helps me keep casual. No real bike gear. No bike posturing. I almost feel like one of the East Village hipsters, although not as hip, or pretty.


We have a locked bike room in the parking garage so that is nice. Especially on a day like today when I have my titanium road bike since I will be doing a night ride after work. Not only do we have a bike room, though. It is stocked with bikes. And panniers, and locks. Is that awesome or what? And it is also helpful to me when I have my road bike, which is rare, since I can take one of the commuters into town for errands, lunch, etc. Which I will be doing shortly.

No comments: