Thursday, December 4, 2008

Another Thursday - A Good Day


I finished up my project at work. Boy I am glad that's over. I probably have absolutely nothing to do at work until Tuesday. I'll develop the blog... I really don't like my job. It's my fault. It is a great place to work, however. Take today for example...

Since I had some extra time, I took the chance to go for a lunchtime run in the side streets just outside my workplace. Just outside and across El Camino Real that is, and that's no small task. It was a great day, a little cool but sunny and fresh. So it was a perfect if uneventful run. And twice a week my firm provides a nice catered lunch, and today it was fajitas, chips, salsa, guacomole, salad, etc. So after my run I was able to shower in the gym and grab a sweet lunch. It tasted so good.


It is pleasant in the more spacious, green 'burbs.

Thursday's the day I do my good deed, which is a new thing for me. When I came out here, I volunteered for this group, the Humanimal Connection. I've always loved animals but haven't had a pet in years, since Trima died. So it made sense for me to look for some local group and I came across the Humanimal Connection. They basically do their best to rescue cats and run adoption centers out of local pet stores and were looking for volunteers.

The cats are great. It is really being selfish. I may have to clean up after them and feed them, but I get to play with them a lot and they are a playful lot. I dealt with a bunch of new kitties today since I had not been there in a couple of weeks. And the older cats in the cat room have a ringworm issue so I did not go in there. Another volunteer with protective gear dealt with that area. The worry is that it will spread to other cats, humans are safe.

No comments: