Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I am selfish. And make more than enough money to get by. Now is the time to give some away: "charity", year-end giving. This is how it has worked lately for me now that I get the tax break. Oh it's the end of the year, I have to give some $$$. So I have been looking for eligible entities and came across this which is nice because Wikipedia sure has helped me along the way.
Wikipedia Affiliate Button


There is also the reliable, non-controversial human rights groups. These groups are really effective and help individuals a lot.
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH

You can also give and not get a tax break to groups like this:
San Francisco BICYCLE COALITION
INT'L COMMITTEE of the RED CROSS

Give AND avoid the crass commercialization that defines the contemporary holiday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,dude! where ya been! heard about the crash man that sucks! see you soon

BTW if you know anyone...

check this site, it's mine

http://www.tofighthiv.org/site/TR/AIDSLIFECYCLE8/AIDSLifeCycleCenter?px=1175194&pg=personal&fr_id=1070